Linux installation (virtual) and A New Kernel Installation or Update on Linux
Installation Of CentOS LINUX Operating System
Linux operating system to install the virtual machine PC: after our first gathers and VMware program. Where VMware 11 program. Installation of the linux operating system in VMware and installing a new kernel (kernel update) below will explain step by step. Click here for a pdf file that contains the illustrated narrative.
- File–> New Virtual Machine
- In the Windows virtual machine Setup Wizard presents Typical we choose.
- In the next window by selecting the second option in the computer of the linux operating system, we choose the iso file. CentOS-7 operating system iso file you can download for free from the internet.
- Then we set up in the window from the operating system is Linux and immediately of the following drop-down menu.
- In the next step we’re going to set up the virtual machine name and location we specify.
- We specify the capacity of the disk of the virtual machine. By default this is set and 20 GB is sufficient. The other option is that the virtual disk as a single file or multiple files to be retained will tell us. Both have different advantages. We leave the default selected option selected the second option.
- The virtual machine’s window that lists which features will be after the Finish, saying, we create the virtual machine.
- Under My Computer, as shown in the following window “CentOS 64-bit” occurs on an operating system called and we see the properties of the right part. Linux installation to occur faster in the virtual machine Memory and Processors can increase its capacity.
- In the next step by pressing the green button play we are starting the installation of the operating system.
- We face the following error window. This error in the BIOS Virtualization (VT-x) is and to be able to continue it’s disabled enable says that we should do.
- Enter Virtualization features in the BIOS to “Enabled”.
- VMware, enter “64-bit CentOS” to name the operating system setup again when we will continue where it left off. In the next step we select the language.
- Then we select the keyboard language.
- In the next step the option to open an account in the cloud. We will open an account for cloud account before adding the next.
- In the resulting window Start using CentOS Linux button.
- Desktop screen Install to continue the installation by double clicking the icon of the Hard Drive. Language selection.
- “Destination” we choose the option Setup to do partition. Done and then we move on to the next step by doing Begin Installation.
- Finally, by defining a Root and user account we will complete the installation of the linux operating system.
- Linux CentOS operating system set founded in some way. Quit out of the window by doing. The operating system on the VMware window, off and then on again the green button play button.
- We face the License Agreement, click the check window. Clicking the Done box and are moving forward.
- We’re moving with “Finish Configuration”.
- Previously defined user account, enter the password (“Yasin Nar”) and login to the system.
- Sequentially after the language and keyboard preferences, add more cloud account because we skip this option for user configuration of Yasin are completing the POMEGRANATE.
So far, so we don’t want to Setup Linux CentOS 7 versions performed operating.
Now, the latest stable (stable) as the operating system open source Kernel.
Installation Of A New Kernel On CentOS LINUX Operating System (Kernel Update)
Desktop window mouse right key to write commands in linux with the “Open in Terminal” click. In Linux operating system (Kernel) version of the Linux kernel the “uname-r” command is used. “uname-r” we learn our current with kernel version.
The future version of kernel UR3.10.0-229.el7. x86_64
We see that.
Kernel update for root users, we need to log in with. To do this, the user account against the system is opened instead of the immediate underlying “not on the list?” click on the option, type root, the root account password by entering our log in as root.
The latest Kernel on CentOS Linux install (Kernel update) there are 2 ways to:
1. WAY: using the latest stable Kernel ElRepo build (make Kernel-Update)
2. ROUTE: From new to Assembly and Installation by making a Linux Centos Kernel Install
(It’s not just the goal in this project is a new kernel update kernel to teach how to do the Setup is more important and more detailed than it is.)
1. USING the LINUX KERNEL from CENTOS ELREPO: INSTALL
ElRepo; Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and variants (Scientific Linux, CentOS & et al) is a community that supports. File system, graphics, hardware monitoring, network, audio and webcam drivers develop hardware that contains packages.
Then update the kernel using the ElRepo consists of 2 steps:
- To establish the ElRepo. So we will install the ilkolarakELRepo GPGanahtarınıindireceğiz of veelrepopaket. The commands are:
# rpm–import https://www.elrepo.org/RPM-GPG-KEY-elrepo.org
# rpm-Uvh URhttp://www.elrepo.org/elrepo-release-7.0-2.el7.elrepo.noarch.rpm
- The most recent stable version in kernel, www.kernel.org is to update to.
Now, the most recent stable kernel ELRepo pool (4.2.3). To do this, enter the following command from the terminal on CentOS. The following command, and then the latest stable kernel ELRepo pool (4.2.3,) and to prompt to install.
# yum-enablerepo = elrepo-kernel install kernel-ml
The above command, the latest stable kernel ELRepo pool (4.2.3,), and I set it up? We carry out the installation of the “y”.
Now we are starting again “reboot” command system.
While the operating system reboot (again) what we do the update kernel kernel (4.2.3).
Finally, the Kernel version of “uname-r” we check back with.
Each with the previous Kernel version: UR3.10.0-229.el7. x86_64.
Now: UR4.2.3-1.el7. elrepo. x86_64
Our modified kernel successfully.
2. ROUTE: FROM new to ASSEMBLY and INSTALLATION by MAKING a KERNEL on CENTOS LINUX INSTALL
1. Install the Dependencies: dependencies are required to compile the first kernel must be installed. (Must be preinstalled on most Machines). To do this, the Root account, enter the following code in the “open in terminal”. Dependencies should be formed with “y” to the question, and then you provide confirmation.
|YUM: Redhat-derived operating systems application used to administer Yum (Yellowdog Updater Modified), is an application that helps us to manage the packages.|
What we need is packages one by one or in groups to automatically download and install, uninstall information which we can use to get a practical package management application.
RPM packages on the internet we have revealed our computer or one at a time is because it allows us to set up Yum needs a package, you can install other packages automatically. Yum for rpm based package management.
# yum install gcc ncurses ncurses-devel
2. System Update available to the system with the following command:
updates are installed. Install updates it to the question
enter “y” provide confirmation.
# yum update
3. Kernel, Please Downoad: Linux Kernel from official site (www.kernel.org) the latest and stable version of the kernel (4.3.2) the position of the mouse right button menu “Copy Link Location” and copying with “wget” command using our system to download.
# wget URhttps://cdn.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v4.x/linux-4.2.3.tar. xz
4. click “remove the Kernel and Kernel Go To/usr/src/” Directory C: this compressed file after download “Kernel tar – xvf/usr/src/index an index into C” command. Then the kernel to configure, build and install directory to the cd command with this kernel.
# tar-xvf URlinux-4.2.3.tar. xz-C/usr/src/
5. Kernel, Configure (Configure): Now to configure the Linux kernel (Kernel) “make menuconfig” command. We meet with a graphical interface. Here we can do your own kernel konfigürasyonumuzu. If interested in this if you’re not familiar with the menu by making two times ESC. To configure your new kernel with the old configuration, simply type “# make oldconfig make” command.
# make menuconfig or # make make oldconfig
6. Compile the Kernel, Kernel compile we should “make” command to run. Assembly, system configuration and depending on the speed of the processor will take at least 30 minutes. (In the bc command not found error, “yum install bc” can resolve this problem by using the command.)
7. click Install on the system after Kernel From Kernel, Linux operating system: we can set up. The following command will create the files under the “/boot” directory and at the same time, a new kernel entry in your grub.conf file.
# make modules_install install
8. After installing the Kernel to verify that Validation: in the latter case, we need the kernel. To do this, first we started again “reboot” command system, my site again, the screen while booting we choose the new kernel and the kernel version in the terminal “uname-r”.
Each with the previous Kernel version: UR3.10.0-229.el7. x86_64.
New latest stable Kernel Linux operating system has been successfully installed.